Reality TV veteran Katie Price, 43, said she has been left ‘devastated’ by an alleged assault on her this week and is said to be staying with friends while she recovers
Katie Price is reportedly too upset to return home after she was the victim of an alleged assault.
Sources close to the mum-of-five say she has moved in with a friend while she recovers.
The alleged attack is said to have occurred in the early hours of Monday morning, with Katie, 43, yet to return and collect her things.
Essex Police confirmed today that a man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive control after Katie was allegedly punched in the face.
In a statement, a spokesperson said the man has been released on police bail until next month.
“A man arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour has been released on bail until September 20.”
A source told The Sun Katie is ‘far too emotional’ to go back to the home she was attacked in.
“She’s staying with friends and resting up to recover from her injuries,” they added. “She’s sent friends to pick up some stuff she needs from the Essex house so she’s comfortable.”
Yesterday, Katie spoke out for the first time as she claimed to have been punched in the face during the alleged attac’.
Katie says she fled to her eldest son Harvey’s house – and says she damaged the feet she broke in Turkey last year – as she raced away from the scene.
Harvey moved into a residential home after turning 18 last year.
Reality star Katie, who is currently appearing in BBC’s MasterChef, said she has been left ‘devastated’ by the incident.
“I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital,” she told The Sun.
“I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated. I’ve told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened.
“I ran away after being punched – I ran to Harvey’s house and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured. I can’t say any more.”
Katie said she was discharged from hospital a few hours after being taken there by paramedics and spent most of Monday resting.
Police officers and friends of the former glamour model were seen outside the house where she was alleged to have been attacked.
A film crew, who reportedly turned up to film a series about the renovation of Katie’s ‘mucky’ mansion, were turned away at the door on Monday morning.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said on Monday: “We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault shortly after 1.30am. We found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.
“A man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault.”
The incident comes just days after Katie shared her pride at her youngest son Junior, who has signed a record deal with a major label after finishing his GCSEs.
Taking to Instagram on Sunday, the mum penned: “I am so excited and no words can describe how proud I am of my son @officialjunior_andre signing his very well deserved record deal.
“From a young age I knew he would be a star it wasn’t long ago Junior his dad and me were going through his contract to make sure everything is in place for him. Now the future is exciting. Watch the space. I love you Junior.”
Katie shares Junior, and his sister Princess, with her ex husband Peter Andre.
Andre, who shot to fame as a pop star in his youth, also shared his joy at his boy following in his footsteps.